We are committed to a policy of equal opportunities which covers and protects all Directors, employees, contractors, volunteers and temporary staff, ensuring the framework of the law in our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender (including gender reassignment), marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation and religious or philosophical beliefs.
We aim to ensure that our staff achieve their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. We have adopted the following Equal Opportunities Policy as a means of helping achieve these aims.
We are committed to ensuring that all our staff and applicants for employment are protected from unlawful discrimination in employment.
We are also committed to fully investigate any reports of discrimination and harassment carried out by third parties such as suppliers or customers.
Any breaches of this policy will be handled through the Company’s disciplinary procedure.
Implementing equality of opportunity
Throughout your employment, you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner that is not discriminatory and we will take all possible steps to ensure that equal opportunity is maintained. These steps will include:
1. Using fair and objective criteria in recruitment and employment decisions. Our selection procedures will be reviewed from time to time to ensure that they are appropriate for achieving our objectives and for avoiding unlawful discrimination.
2. Person and job specifications being limited to those requirements which are necessary for the effective performance of the job. Interviews will be conducted on an objective basis.
3. In accordance with recommended practice, the ethnic and gender composition of our staff and applicants for jobs will be monitored on an anonymous basis at all levels.
4. Where possible, reviewing working patterns to enable us to offer flexible working to staff who require it. Where necessary, special provision will be made for staff returning to work following a break for domestic reasons.
5. All staff having a right to equality of opportunity and a duty to implement this policy. Breach of the Equal Opportunities Policy is potentially a serious disciplinary matter. Anyone who believes that he or she may have been disadvantaged on discriminatory grounds is entitled to raise the matter through the grievance procedure.